|HOME||TECHNICAL INFO||BUILD||BUY||PARTICIPATE||DEMOS||BLOG||ABOUT US|
Which needs does the project fulfill?
Researchers starting in the fields of robotics, AI and computer vision usually spend considerable amount of time to build robotic vehicle to verify their software ideas. Using our platform, they can focus on actual research instead of solving standard mechanical and low-level control issues.
Powered by recent developments in online education and growing interest in robotics, such as Stanford "Machine learning" course and Udacity's "Artificial Intelligence for Robotics", the demand on reasonably priced open robotics platform dramatically increased. With Veter robot we are offering great platform to fulfill this demand.
Competitive advantages of our platform
Comparing to existing and potential competitors our solution offers following advantages. In the hardware area we provide:
- Longer autonomous operation time with easy replaceable battery.
- Significantly higher processing power with onboard ARM CPU and advanced TI DSP.
- Easy customizable 3D-printed body for integration of additional sensors and actuators.
- Simple electronic built out of standard high level components.
- Wide range of out-of-the-box sensors.
- Advanced communication infrastructure for cloud robotics.
- Support for multiple programming languages.
- Adaptive video streaming for remote operation over the Internet.
- Set of examples for education scenarios.
Project statystic by ohloh.net